About Your Resident Foodie

One of my favorite things to do is find the best restaurants....whether its in where we live or during our travels. Many times concierges and websites form partnerships with restaurants in exchange for discounts, advertising, etc. When this happens the client does not always receive the best information. We like to know where the locals eat. Therefore, I created this blog to help other people find the best restaurants...no partnerships, no deals, simply our honest opinions. Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

3 Best: Mexican Restaurants (Atlanta)



As promised, I am continuing the series of "3 Best" with the 3 Best Mexican Restaurants in Atlanta. Since Mexican is my favorite kind of food, I have spent years searching for the best Mexican Restaurants in Atlanta. Similar to how I wrote the 3 Best Hilton Head Restaurants Blog, I have decided to categorize the Mexican Restaurants. There are so many different types of Mexican food (Authentic, Tex-Mex, etc.) it is difficult to say which is the "BEST".



My absolute favorite type of Mexican is Authentic Mexican Food, and to get the best Authentic Mexican food Atlanta go to Nuevo Laredo. This restaurant does not seem like much from the outside. In fact, it resembles a double trailer, but the food and margaritas are unbelievable. Be prepared to wait...the restaurant is small and the word is out! We make a night out of it by putting our name on the list, ordering some Cadillac Margaritas (these are a must and pictured above), and tailgating in the parking lot. The Cadillac Margaritas are the best margaritas we have ever had. They are huge and delicious, and you only need one! (well worth the high price tag). By the time we sit down we are nice and buzzed. We begin our meal with some amazing guacamole and grilled green onions. I almost always order the brisket tacos. They are so amazing and a must try! Travis usually orders something different every time, but he loves the nachos. Nuevo Laredo has won many awards for being the best Mexican Restaurant in Atlanta. Check it out!
http://www.nuevolaredocantina.com/home.php

Travis was born in Texas so he loves Tex-Mex. His favorite Mexican restaurant is Pappasito's Cantina. As much as I hate going outside the perimeter, we do travel OTP to go to Pappasito's....now if that doesn't tell you how good it is I am not sure what will.... It is a large restaurant and usually does not have a wait. There is a good sized outdoor patio for pretty nights. Travis loves how fresh the chips and tortillas are at Pappasito's. The open tortilla machine makes the restaurant entertaining for children. We, of course, start with the table-side guacamole. I love this part!! You can decide what you want added or left out of the guacamole, and it is always delicious. Every time we go to Pappasito's we split the fajitas. They are Travis's favorite, and by far the best fajitas in town. I think the fresh tortillas and juicy meat make them. Pappasito's is a chain and often runs specials like half price fajitas on Wednesdays. This restaurant is definitely worth trying if you have never been.
http://www.pappasitos.com/home/

I chose the final Mexican restaurant on my 3 Best List based on the overall atmosphere. No Mas! Cantina is a large fun restaurant full of intriguing decor. Every time we go to No Mas! I notice something different. In fact, it is known for its decor and even has a showroom next door where you can purchase interiors. Stroll through and get some chocolate truffles after dinner...they are to die for! Go on the 2nd Friday of the month and enjoy the Castleberry Hill Art Stroll.
http://castleberryhill.org/wpmu/calendar/art-stroll/
http://www.nomascantina.com/

ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good job sweetie!! Have you thought about describing the proximate location of the restaurants? I think that will help people trying to decide were to eat. I can't wait to have some Mexican with you when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. /all my children-no soap intended:love Mexican Food-since they do get together sometimes in your neck of the woods I will save this info to relay to them-

    ReplyDelete